The design has changed a lot over time. Today, structures need to promote cooperation and communication.
Knowledge sharing is increasingly important. Therefore, structures need to change more and adapt to the way companies work, focusing more on projects. Alternative facilities and new concepts of architecture, color, and design have come to meet this demand, replacing traditional systems.
Another aspect that influenced the design was the disruption of the technology (and COVID-19) that promoted teleworking. Today, not all employees spend five days a week in their office, as many also work from home, resulting in vacancies that generate costs that are easy to avoid. According to luminablog a possible solution would be desktop sharing.
It is probably the most classic format. It was in force in the last century and part of the first decade of the 21st century. Most of these are spaces designed for one or two employees. The areas are divided so that the stalls are placed along the narrow central corridors so as not to waste space. If you choose this type of cabinet, very helpful will be office furniture companies reviews that are ready for any ideas you have.
- Allows you to work without interruption.
- The decor could be designed according to the individual wishes of each worker and thus promotes well-being.
- The individual position provides all the peace needed to perform tasks that require a great ability to concentrate.
It provides a better answer to the problems raised by individuals. Its structures are open, transparent, and democratize processes.
There is no “official” definition of an open office. This is usually a room where at least 10 people work without being separated by fixed walls. In addition to common areas, they have meeting rooms, seating areas, or individual positions for tasks that require greater concentration.
- The walls disappear from the minds of the rooms and employees, promoting the organization of the team.
- The idea is that internal processes are more efficient and that departments working closely together are grouped.
- The exchange of knowledge and ideas could lead to informal discussions and create a more pleasant atmosphere.
These are rooms with a capacity of 3 to 25 people performing similar tasks. They combine the advantages of the individual and the open ones, trying to avoid their disadvantages. It is a format that promotes structures in which communication and exchange of ideas are facilitated and allows focusing on the tasks that require it.
- As openly, networking and communication are promoted.
- Performing tasks that require concentration is also possible because there are fewer visual and acoustic distractions.